Other Mattress Resources
Medical Associations and Industry Groups
As the leading information resource for mattress shoppers, we feel it is important to make you aware of certain additional resources outside of GoodBed that you may also find helpful in your mattress search.
The following sites are listed in no particular order:
- National Sleep Foundation
- Established in 1990, the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving public health and safety by achieving understanding of sleep and sleep disorders, and by supporting sleep-related education, research, and advocacy. In recent years, they have begun pursuing commercial sponsorship arrangements with select brands, wherein the NSF will endorse specific brands in exchange for financial remuneration.
- The Better Sleep Council
- Established in 1979, the Better Sleep Council is a non-profit organization supported by the mattress industry's foremost trade group, the International Sleep Products Association (ISPA).
- North American Spine Society
- Founded in 1984, the North American Spine Society is a multidisciplinary medical organization dedicated to spine care, comprised of over 5,000 members spanning orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, physiatry, neurology, radiology, anesthesiology, research, physical therapy and other spine care professionals.
- American Chiropractic Association
- With approximately 15,000 members, the American Chiropractic Association is the largest professional association in the world representing doctors of chiropractic, providing leadership for the advancement of the profession.
- Arthritis Foundation
- The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since its founding in 1948 in support of more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions.